Dr Jake Porter, Licensed Professional Counselor, and founder and president of Daring Ventures, joins me today for a rich and deep dive into the brain of a betrayed partner. Drawing on his vast expertise in relational neurobiology and attachment theory, Jake compellingly explains the following:
- How betrayal trauma affects the brain
- Why triggers can feel overwhelming
- How you can begin to rebuild trust when your entire history feels like a lie.
- Why healing happens in relationships
- Why a full disclosure is essential
- What is couple-centered recovery
- How you and your partner can learn to co-regulate each other